Thursday, January 21, 2010

I can't with murdering my goldfish

In last night's blog I wished my goldfish dead. I came home last night and he was. I killed him. I killed Meteorologist Lee Goldfish.

Well I didn't necessarily wish him dead as much as I ended my entry with saying that I don't love him. Which was not the truth. But how does that song go? Youre nobody til somebody loves you. And let's face it, if you're nobody you might as well be dead. Sometimes that's all that keeps us going, the love of others. And last night I said I have no love for him and came home to find him belly up being sucked up by the filter. I had to fish him out (whoa, i never noticed that pun) and flush him down the toilet.

His life was a short one but I guess long by goldfish standards. (right?) He was given to me by my friend Jim last October, on the night I decided to have a game night at my apartment with no games. No one even brought games either, they just brought me soda and snacks and a goldfish. I added him to the tank I already had with my two frogs, Diana & Sade. (Named after Diana Willliams & Sade Baderinwa from Eyewitness News on ABC 7)


My friend Bill who works at ABC wanted me to take a picture of the whole tank for him so they could air it as a little story about a jewlombian in Queens who has an aquarium with exotic creatures named after their anchors and weatherman. Just as I was getting them ready for their close-up Sade died. I found her belly up and Mason (who was living with me at the time) had to handle that situation for me and dispose of her properly. Sade always ate all the food in the tank and never let anyone else eat so I think she ate herself to death. So for about 2 months now it's just been Lee Goldfish and Diana.

Now Lee Goldfish is dead. I was wondering how I was gonna move him to the upper west side anyway. He never did get his piece of the pie.

So what can we learn from this? Don't say you don't love a living thing when you don't mean it. You never know when they might go.

R.I.P. Lee




2 comments:

  1. Where on earth did you get this screenshot of the meterologist predicting big piles of stinking dooky in the tri-state area? or what is he predicting?

    ReplyDelete