Thursday, January 7, 2010

I can't with falling for lesbians all the time!

This morning I was on the train and I fell in love. I was on one end of the car on the N train from Astoria into Manhattan and I spotted one of the hottest guys I had seen in a while. I moved to his end of the car (in a very casual non-chalant way of course) only to get a better look and admire him up close. After a couple stops his phone goes off and he take off his glove to reveal a complete Spa Belles manicure and talks into her phone like a true independent woman.

This is not the first time this has happened. The whole falling for a girl and thinking she's a boy. Now I dont want to generalize and call this female a lesbian because chances are she isn't but she had a cute little tomboy haircut with a side sweeped bang with black boy boots and a leather jacket over a hoodie big enough to conceal any size bosom that might have been hidden underneath.

But indeed, the lady looked like a dude. Or how does that song go? Dude looks like a lady?

I identify as a single gay male and lately I've noticed that I've been falling for a lot of women mistaking them for guys. What does this say about me? Could I secretly be attracted to women? Maybe I want to be with a tranny? Maybe I'm bi? Arent we all bi in some way? Isn't that what that Liam Neeson movie was all about?

Last night I was watching the latest installment of the real world on mtv: The Real World D.C. In it, one of the housemates, Mike, identifies as bi-sexual. He is also a complete jesus freak. In last night's episode bi-sexual Mike has a total make out session with the other jesus freak in the house, Ashley. The next night bi-sexual Mike goes out to a gay club with all the other housemates, meets a guy, pretends not to know gay music, brings him home, makes out on the pool table with him in front of jesus freak Ashley and then has the guy stay over so they can have sex. Jesus freak Ashley (also Mike's roomie) decides not to spend the night in the room with them. Poor girl.

Initially hearing that there was a bi-sexual guy on this show (or in the world) i kinda laughed because when I was growing up hearing a guy was "bi" usually meant "bye bye" and talk to me once you figure that all out. Aka, once you come out of the closet. But honestly isnt it according to science that sexuality is rather quite varied and complex?

Lets say this girl i spotted on the train today looked exactly as she did this morning but was actually a guy. Would we have exchanged numbers? Would we be sexting right now at work? Would this make me any less gay because I was attracted to a feminine boy? I don't think so. The point is I noticed she was a girl and that was the end. She was just SO the look and I was into it.

While I dont think bi-sexuality doesnt exist I do feel that for whatever percentage of the world identifies as bi-sexual, a big percentage of that percentage is still figuring it out. I am comfortable enough to say that even though I had girlfriends in high school I am gay and am attracted to boys (regardless if they look like girls). I dont think its about the initial attraction or what we say we are, it's about whether we chose to close the deal or not. I mean were talking about sex here people.; not "bi-attractual" or "bi-mental" or "bi-physical" or "bi-makeoutal"

So bi-sexual Mike made out with a girl, so what? He really closed the deal with a dude and isn't that what matters? Did i mention he's into jesus??

3 comments:

  1. Bi now, gay later. I beleive bi is real, but nobody falls right in the middle - we all have a preference.

    I love this blog. You are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you might just be a lesbian yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! thanks for supporting my blog phil!!

    ReplyDelete