Friday, February 19, 2010

I can't with New York Sex Club


I have finally joined a gym! New York Sports Club.

Dane and I joined together the other night. The guy who helped us was young and cute and gay and Colombian from Queens who happens to be born one day later than I was. Go figure! Two leos! Anyway, I guess I'll be seeing him around. Whatever.

What I really wanted to talk about is how much sex seems to be going on at this place! I came from Queens, (Astoria as you all know) and you would never catch this type of behavior at my old gym, the very fabulous Club Fitness. I do miss that gym very much. It had a gorgeous waterfull and a pond and laser light spinning classes. I felt like I was Ivana working out at Trump Tower. Not to mention the people that went there were mainly Greek and Italian blue collar Queens guys who were no nonsense juice heads that liked to get in, pump some iron and get the fuck out.

The last time I lived in Manhattan I had a gym in my building so New York Sports Club has pretty much been my first foray into Manhattan public gyms and lets just say, it's sleazy! I worked out for the first time today and all was going well until I went into the little personal training area upstairs behind all the machines where it's a little closed off from the rest of the gym and this latino guy comes over and even though he had all the space in the room to look in the mirror he came up directly next to me, about a foot away, lifted up his shirt and started feeling his body in the mirror. He put his hand down his pants!! I was like, umm i dunno if im ready for this, at least not at the gym.

Then, later on in the locker room, this white guy comes in from the gym and starts to get naked all the while looking at me change while Im getting ready to leave and he starts playing with himself right in front of me. Not to mention there were other people in the locker room. I immediately got nervous and turned around to where I heard these guys talking to see if they were noticing what was going on but I couldnt see them. The guy who was fondling himself peered over to see that there were people on the other side of the lockers so put his towel on, looked at me, and smiled as if to say, "Hey baby, come with me into the shower"

At that point I zipped up my hoodie and walked out.


Hey don't get me wrong, I'm a single gay male in NYC and I'm up to my own tricks for sure. I just dont know if I'm ready for these things to be happening at my gym. Maybe I'm old fashioned when it comes to working out. Maybe I just like to get in, pump, and get out, like those mediterranean goombas at my old gym. I do have to honestly say though that these little encounters completely took me by surprise and I wasn't expecting them at all.

Believe me, I've heard multiple stories about the saunas and the steam room (the low self-esteem room as I like to call it) but I didnt expect someone to fondle themselves in the weight area while I'm doing bicep curls.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic and it's all just new to me. Maybe one day i'll turn into one of these gym sluts like everyone else in NY but call me a prude, I guess I prefer real gay love in this town, the kind you can find online.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Babe, I always say start worrying when they stop looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call it New York Scat Club. It's basically the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I'm a former member of the NYSC - it happens a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to follow the 'comings and goings' of random hookups in NYC, including the gyms, check out Craigslist under 'Missed Connections/M4M. Its kind of amazing to know all of this activity is happening all around us!

    ReplyDelete